In 1962 Emanuel Stanka retired from active working life. He handed over his glass refinery to the John family: Clare and Rudolf John. Rudolf John comes from Blottendorf in Bohemia. His family has a long tradition in the glassmaking industry. The company owned the Emil Schiffner company between 1906 and 1945 and the Clarahütte since 1941.
The John family deliberately set the E. Stanka brand in the tradition of North Bohemian glassmaking. As a result, the John family made the John brand world famous. So one took part in the big product shows in Germany as in Frankfurt a. M., Hanover and Leipzig, as well as trade fairs abroad such as in France, Japan and the United States. The Stanka company also exported to Western Europe, the USA, Venezuela and Japan.
The range was gradually converted to large drinking glass series. This was also reflected in the company lodge newly developed by Rudolf John. It emphasized the form of the nobility service. The well-known glass series, such as the nobility service with new cut shapes, such as the diamond cut, were offered. The Maria Theresia service was reshaped somewhat. The conical cupola was replaced by a domed one. We still offer this newly designed service today. The company continued to sell the series with the conical wall shape under the name of Prinz Eugen. The following glass series were also offered: Maria Antoinette, Kurfürstengläser, Royal, Britania and Alt Wien. In addition to the glass series, liqueur series with bottles and mugs, vases, bowls and candlesticks were part of E. Stanka's product range.
The Stanka glassworks also distinguished itself for its excellent engravings. The two special designs "Mozart Vase" and the "Beethoven Plate" are exceptional examples of this. These pieces were so valuable that a smart thief stole the Mozart vase at the 1968 Hanover Fair.
E. Stanka's sales were carried out by sales representatives, among others. They visited the customers to present the latest products on site. However, there were also numerous advertising partners. The refinery provided glasses for advertising purposes. These partners included the Pottrum, the Egyptian cigarette company Finas, the vitamin drink from Schneekoppe and the cigarette company Reemsta.
Due to the different marketing strategies of the John family, the Stanka brand gains great fame. The following prominent customers belonged to the circle of buyers of these glasses: Duke Max in Bavaria - the former chief of staff in the White House, Donald Regan, the Vaduz castle in Liechtenstein, Tiffanys in New York, the German embassy in London and New Delhi, the Federal President's Office, the German Bundestag, the permanent representation of the FRG in the USA, the Holy See - the embassy residence in Rome and the Prime Minister of the State of North Rhine-Westphalia.
At the beginning of the 1980s, the glass refinery E. Stanka won the tender by the Federal Foreign Office to refurbish Augustusburg Castle in Brühl with a glass service. 320 pieces of the nobility service have since been used for various state receptions. In addition to Queen Elizabeth II, King Albert II of Belgium, Mikhail Gorbachev and Nelson Mandela, various sizes from politics and society drank from our glasses.
For reasons of age, the John family gave up Emanuel Stanka at the beginning of 1999. The brands and product rights were sold to the Görner family with effect from March 1st, 1999.